Women: Vulnerable 24x7

The Delhi Rape Case shook the world by storm. It grabbed the entire world's attention and ignited the rage of millions. Thousands of campaigns, protests and demands were brought out against this unforgettable event of inhuman brutal act from all around the world. Yes, this was an awakening call for everyone but did it affect those who, apparently, are still continuing these horribly, disgraceful kind of acts? Unfortunately and evidently, NO. 
As a student, imagination and adventure runs in the deepest core of our veins, the thirst for exploration will never be quenched. As I stepped out one evening alone, longing to explore the city lights and stores, I found myself unable to prolong that feeling of joyous adventure but instead was filled with that emotion I feared the most- FEAR itself. Not even five minutes had passed since I stepped out from the house and eave-teasing, uncivilised deathly stares, deliberate body touching and other disrespectful behaviours which can only be felt by experience. This feeling, I believe, has been felt by almost all women. This feeling, I hope, will someday not just vanish but be understood by men of all classes, race, age and backgrounds, and that THEY will be the ones to suppress this mentality out of guilt, empathy and respect.
Because I have just one life to live, I want to make sure I did everything I could to make this life as wonderful as possible and not let such fears creep in and spoil my plans of an awesome life I hope I'll have ahead of me :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

m!nd your own business!

if you don't start... how are you suppose to FINISH?